How to put flash games on your forum
There are two possibilities for implementing flash games into your: An easy one and one for advanced users. Letīs start with the easy one!
1) Create a new subforum.
2) The title of that forum can be "Games" or any name you like.
3) The description of your new forum is where you paste the HTML code provided by the website you found the game on.
4) Write <p> without spaces in front of that code to keep a little distance between title and flash game.
5) Click submit.
Note: In some case you can no longer add categories to your forum after adding a game to your index. If this is the case, cut your gameīs code out, create the new category, and paste it back to your game section.
You can also implement the game into a post, which keeps your index clear of such gimmicks and doesnīt make it too long.
1) Reply to a topic or better, open a new thread called "games" or something like that.
2) Put the Gameīs HTML code into that topic, adding <embed> in front of the code and </embed> after it. Make sure "Deactivate HTML in this post" is set to "No".
3) Itīs possible to add text to your post, but donīt do it yet, we still have to work on that post.
4) Keep in mind all the tags used in the code. (Look for those "</...>" signs, the word in between is the tag.
5) Go to your admin panel > general admin > configuration. Now set "allow HTML" to " yes" and fill in all the gameīs HTML tags in to the box below (just write the tags without <>, separate them with a simple "," and donīt forget to add "embed"!)
6) Hit submit and return to your gameīs post. If you see code instead of the game, make sure you have HTML activated in your profile (link atop of the forum) and that you have added all tags in your ACP (often, the added tags are no longer visible in your gameīs post, only the "missing" tags remain. This makes it easier for you to also add the remaining tags.
7) Now it (hopefully) works. Any users reporting a nonfunctional game should first be told to activate HTML in their profiles.
Note: We recommend that only users with an understanding of HTML use the "post" option. As enabling and adding tags to the allowed list on your forum, can leave your forum open to members posting malicious scripts.
Written by soong101